Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Little Red

It was Thursday night of last week and our ward Trunk-Or-Treat was the next night. I knew the costume that I wanted for Aleah and where to find it. I was going to pick up the costume the next morning and I would pretty much be set. Easy Peasy. 
...Buuut...I wasn't 100% feeling the costume. Especially the price--($30). 
I thought I would just browse the internet a little bit and see if I could find any other costume ideas. I didn't really think I would find much though, or have time to make anything so late. 
(Make. HA. In my dreams...)
I came across a Little Red Riding Hood costume; I thought it was cute and so I googled "Little Red Riding Hood", to see a little more of what this costume would entail. I then remembered a dress Aleah had sitting in her closet. It would be PERFECT. (Baby shower gift from my sisters Mother-In-Law. It is an adorable dress that she just now fits in!)
The cape/hood part of the costume I thought, would be the difficult part... Maybe I could make one...? Crazy thought, since I don't sew.
Enough googling brought me to some very helpful video tutorials about....NO-SEW CAPES! 
Whaaat?!
Awesome.
I went the next morning to Wal-Mart and picked up all of my supplies--minus her basket.. The total came to about $11
We drove to the dollar store and picked up a basket---Making our grand total for her costume: A little more than $12
The fabric glue and new tights were the most expensive part of the whole costume.
I got home, put Aleah down for a nap and got busy. A little bit of cutting and a little bit of glueing. And that was it! 
It isn't perfect. It has it's flaws. But...I think it is RAD. I LOVE it. So easy and cheap and SO adorable.
To see the video tutorials, click on either: 1 or 2.
So, there is one idea for you if you still don't have a costume for your kiddos for tomorrow!
Happy Halloweeeen, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment