Saturday, November 9, 2013

Projects


I saw the above "S" on Pinterest and thought it looked like a cute idea. The link didn't lead me to any tutorial, so I just used my imagination for my "H". (..I still plan on finding a good frame for my "H", so my project isn't finito, just yet). I bought the letter and....my flower (a hair accessory actually...) at Hobby Lobby for cheap. Probably under $5...but I can't remember for sure. I meant to paint my letter a bright turquoise...but I didn't have that paint color and creating my own turned into this blueish-gray color. Whatever, I'll work with that. I nailed it into the wall, clipped my hair accessory flower on and... WALLAH! That easy. I think it's kind of cute. Hopefully the black frame doesn't clash with the color though... I'll just see what I can do..














I have another project in mind...but I don't know when I'll actually get to it. I found this little black beauty at Goodwill and thought I wanted to do something with it. Ugh.... Help..? I have no idea where I would even begin.. Because, oh.....I don't know anything about fixing up furniture. I just think it sounds like a sweet talent to have.
Calling ALL Do-It-Yourself-Ers... What would you do with this to fix it up? The pictures aren't great quality...It's really banged up, a lot of scratches..I doubt that it's real wood.. Is it a lost cause? Should I just take the $10 loss and re-donate it...? Or is there potential in this thing?


I think it would be really cute fixed up against this wall in my house. Put a picture up above it....throw some kind of burlap on top, maybe like the picture below... Cute right? Possible? Help? ...Anyone? Anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment