Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bedtime




































Sometimes bedtime routine can be a pain. A complete battle. But, when (some nights, if) things settle down a little bit and Aleah decides she wants to sit and relax with me, I am really grateful for that time together in that routine. Last night Aleah and I were reading some of our library books and we came to this page. I explained to Aleah that this little girl was giggling and then we got silly and both pretended to giggle which made us both start really giggling, harder and harder. So much for settling down.


Another thing during our routine that I kind of find annoying but at the same time really neat is Aleah's song pick of "I Love To See The Temple". I guess when I first started singing that song to Aleah before bed I would reach over to a picture sitting on her book case and bring it in front of us while we sang. A picture of the Boise Temple. I was trying to help her understand what the Temple was, what exactly we were talking about. So now, we can't sing that song without me reaching behind and over to grab that picture. Can't we just sing it without the picture? But, it's actually kind of really neat how much she loves to look at that picture. I love that she loves to sing that song and look at the Temple. She loves the temple and that's a pretty awesome thing!  


Bedtime routine is not too bad, great time spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment