Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Friday

I have a hard time blogging lately. Trying to make up a cute blog, correcting my punctuation, going through pictures.... It just takes a little more time than I feel like I can give right now. But I had a thought last weekend that I should still try to keep up the blog. Just a quick small something everyday. Here I am probably four or five days later finally getting to it. (This is going to go well! ha...)
So here I go, doing the exact opposite of what I had thought to do. I'm playing catch up on the things I wanted to share the past few days that were suppose to just be quick little happy somethings about a day. Maybe I'll get this on track with what my goals originally were. Until then, here's this..:


Friday:


I started stocking one of the cabinets in my house with our "canned goods". What do we have? Some applesauce, peaches and carrots, as well as the best pickles ever. Those things are from my Mother-In-Law. With that we have green beans and salsa that we canned WITH my Mother-In-Law.

I am not a huge canner. But I kind of love it. In 2012 when Cade and I were living with his parents, I got my first taste of canning. Salsa and green beans. Last week was the third time I have canned green beans with my Mother-In-Law. This picture shows only half of what I did last week, the other half I left at her house to pick up later because they were just out of the pressure cooker (that's what it's called right?) and too hot.  


The green beans are yummy, but the salsa we make is the best! Cade was really eager to make salsa. I think he had made it before with his Mom, but he wanted to make a SPICY batch. His Mom was ready to help us whenever we were ready, and I just thought, whatever...I'm not a huge salsa fan, but if Cade wants some, why not?...
Cade picked out his peppers and spices and we got to it. Or, they got to it....I just sloooowly chopped and chopped and chopped whatever they told me to. The salsa was yummy! And we used it up so quick. I never realized how much salsa we ate before then. I don't know how many times we've made salsa now. 3 or 4 times? I am getting the hang of the process a little bit better..
We decided to start a salsa garden this summer. We have already made one batch a couple of weeks ago, before the green beans; but there are so many tomatoes coming in, another batch is in our near future. We are going to have a lot of salsa soon! YUM. I'm definitely a salsa fan now. When we run out of ours, the slushy stuff at the store is just not the same.



This garden....I have to admit....is not groomed by me. Nope. Not when Harry the big spider, Harry JR, and Harry the 3rd, keep making this place their home. yuck. Cade is the garden guy around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment